1. Polyethylene glycol series products can be used in pharmaceuticals. Polyethylene glycol with relatively low molecular weight can be used as solvent, cosolvent, o/w emulsifier and stabilizer, used to make cement suspension, emulsion, injection, etc., and also used as water-soluble ointment base and suppository base, Solid waxy polyethylene glycol with high relative molecular weight is often used to increase the viscosity and solidity of low molecular weight liquid PEG, as well as external compensation of other drugs; For the purpose of solid dispersion, PEG4000 and PEG6000 are good coating materials, hydrophilic polishing materials, film materials and capsule materials, plasticizers, lubricants and drop pill bases for the preparation of tablets, pills, capsules, microcapsules agent, etc.
2. PEG4000 and PEG6000 are used as excipients in the pharmaceutical industry for the preparation of suppositories and ointments; as finishing agents in the paper industry to increase the gloss and smoothness of paper; as additives in the rubber industry to increase the quality of rubber products. Lubricity and plasticity, reduce power consumption during processing and prolong the service life of rubber products.
3. Polyethylene glycol series products can be used as raw materials for ester surfactants.
4. PEG-200 can be used as a medium for organic synthesis and a heat carrier with higher requirements. It is used as a moisturizing agent, inorganic salt solubilizer and viscosity regulator in the daily chemical industry; Static agent; used as a wetting agent in the paper and pesticide industries.
5. PEG-400, PEG-600 and PEG-800 are used as the matrix of medicine and cosmetics, as lubricant and wetting agent in rubber industry and textile industry. PEG-600 can be added to the electrolyte in the metal industry to enhance the grinding effect and enhance the luster of the metal surface.
6. PEG-1000 and PEG-1500 are used as substrates or lubricants and softeners in the pharmaceutical, textile and cosmetic industries; they are used as dispersants in the coating industry to improve the water dispersibility and flexibility of resins. The dosage is 10- 30%; In ink, it can improve the dissolving ability of dyestuff and reduce its volatility. It is especially suitable for wax paper and ink pad ink. It can also be used to adjust ink viscosity in ballpoint pen ink. It is used as a dispersant in the rubber industry to promote Vulcanization, used as a dispersant for carbon black fillers.
7. PEG-2000 and PEG-3000 are used as metal processing casting agents, lubricants and cutting fluids for metal drawing, stamping or forming, grinding, cooling, lubricating and polishing agents, welding agents, etc.; used as lubricants in the paper industry, etc. Used as a hot melt adhesive to increase rapid rewetting.
8. PEG-4000, PEG-6000, and PEG8000 are used as substrates in the production of medicine and cosmetic industries to adjust viscosity and melting point; they are used as lubricants and coolants in rubber and metal processing industries, and in pesticide and pigment industries. In production, it is used as dispersant and emulsifier; in textile industry, it is used as antistatic agent, lubricant, etc.
9. PEG20000 is used as a carbon source in lithium iron phosphate, a cathode material for synthetic lithium batteries, and carbon-coated lithium iron phosphate is used to improve the electronic conductivity of the material.